Friday, October 4, 2013

A Fall Campfire for Two

After a crazier than normal week, I came home to the sweetest surprise Wednesday night!

Alex set up a little fall campfire for two, complete with some of my fall favorite treats- Pumpkin Beer and the next best thing to Pumpkin Pie (since you can't bake a pie over a campfire), Cookie S'mores!

It was just what I needed and I just loved the cute little set up Alex come up with, what a guy :)  I always look forward to backyard bonfires when fall arrives! 
Sadly though (and if you live near Minneapolis you already know), about five minutes into sitting and relaxing it began to downpour... tons of icky, wet, cold rain.... boo. 

I guess that went along with the theme of my week, rain on my parade campfire.  We still made the best of it though and snuggled up in our PJ's with my Pumpkin Beer and I still got my Cookie S'more, it was oven baked :)  I think we will give our little backyard campfire another try this weekend, hoping we get a break from the rain that's in our forecast, we'll see! 

What about you?  Do you love backyard bonfires in the fall too? 
I'd love to know if you have a special set up, treat, or if you have favorite kind of Pumpkin Beer... I'm trying to search for the best one so let me know!  Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. This is totally off topic- I thought of you when I saw a photo of the 1923 National Ski Competition at Glenwood Park (Theodore Wirth) from Sept. 26,Old Minneapolis' facebook. https://www.facebook.com/oldmpls?fref=ts

    I enjoy reading about your travels and Northside home beautifications.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet guy you have there...Sucks that the rain messed up your evening. But, it sounds like you made the best of it.

    We have a bonfire once or twice a year. Hot Chocolate is my favorite drink in the Fall/Winter months. I am NOT a beer drinker at all, so I can't help add to your Pumpkin Beer favorites. :)

    Your puppies are so cute.

    Happy Fall to you and your sweet man.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?