Thursday, May 22, 2014

Feeling Some Retro Wanderlust

It's been a while since I've been able to get out and do some vintage/antique shopping but I got a chance to over the weekend and found a FANTASTIC local shop called Retro Wanderlust in Hopkins, MN.   I had heard about Retro Wanderlust back when I went antiquing in Hopkins with a few co-workers but the shop was closed the day that we were there.  After checking it out, I wish I hadn't waited a WHOLE year to get back there and take a look, the place is AWESOME!

The store's main focus is on 1950's, 60's, and 70's furniture, decor, lighting, and vintage clothes.  Here's a look at some of the goods!









Fun stuff right?  

I couldn't believe they had so many Curtis Jere brutalist sculptures but they were still pretty spendy.  The only items I purchased (surprisingly) were a couple vintage dresses, one of them being the yellow one shown in the above photo minus the white beaded stuff.  I have to alter it a bit but thought it was a cute little steal for $15!  Other than that, I LOVED that campaign desk with gold hardware and that little family of gold armadillos- so cute and quirky!

Which items were your favorites?
Would you go back to get the armadillo family?!  I keep thinking about it, ha!

4 comments:

  1. Never heard of this place but it's close to where I live and looks awesome! Can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. great finds.. My eyes zeroed in on the bar cart.! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaaack! Run, don't walk back to grab the Ram's head by Chervet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaack! Run, don't walk back to get the ram's head by Chervet! Then google it...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?